Monday, April 2, 2007

Reggae inspired


I love Reggae, all genres, dance hall, rub-a-dub, roots, ska, – all music derived from reggae. Growing up, I did not appreciate the art; I guess in my ‘society’, it was not held in high regard. (Someday I will offer my opinions on why). In fact, when I was quite young, my father took me to see Bob Marley in concert (yes, I am old). I was so scared and nervous that I found it impossible to enjoy the concert. Looking back, it is my single most memorable and favorite moment. Years later, I took my son to a Bob Marley birthday celebration – he was only five – he describes it as his favorite memory - I could be the contact high, but I hope not.

Recently, I was feeling a bit blue – I was missing my dad. I went online to send an e-mail to my brother and a pop up for Stephen Marley’s concert filled my screen. I watched the concert online; I was flooded with inspiration….


No comments: