Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Have a little faith in me


Recently I got scared, I lost my faith, and I questioned God. A few years ago I was making a lot of money working @ a job I hated, I was miserable. I decided to leave and follow my passion – it took me 10 years, but I did it. But then, I got side tracked – I was too busy taking care of everyone else’s needs, listening to everyone’s concerns, people were pulling me in all directions. I soon found out that friends can make you or break you. If you are thin skinned, you can be a failure in a heartbeat.
With all the noise in my head, I decided to reenter corporate America. I accepted a job with a man I liken to Tony Soprano. Wow, what a roller coaster ride that was. I do not want to bore you with the details of the jobs in this post – let’s just say that people in the office were taking bets on my longevity. (In a later post I will share the letter I wrote to the board of directors).
Anyway, I am back on track, but I must confess that I was plagued with self doubt until I got this quote via e-mail form a friend:-

The greatest stumbling block to achieving anything of importance in life is circumstances. We let circumstances get us off the hook when we should be giving it everything we've got. More dreams are shattered and goals lost because of circumstances than any other single factor.
Successful people use circumstances to catapult them on toward their goal, while the masses use them as road blocks. A circumstance may cause a detour in your life but you should never permit it to stop you.
Bob Proctor
You may believe in God or the laws of attraction – whatever you believe in, have faith, dispel negativity.

No comments: