Friday, May 11, 2007

Passion or say when



A few days ago my son and I were watching Opra's next big thing - she chose 10 people to promote their invention on her show. One of the judges advise the contestants to be passionate about their product when they presented. Hi comments stayed with me - I realized that although designing and creating are my passion, I am usually a bit unenthusiastic when I speak to others about. I do not know why I do this - look at Martha Stewart; she has made a fortune using her creativity and love of design - so why am I so subdued when it comes to my creative side? Well what ever the reason is, it stops today.

Here are a few things that I have been working on:



One on my latest obsessions is designing wine glass charms – I do not know why, (I do not drink wine or any other alcoholic beverage) I guess I am dissatisfied with the ones that are currently on the market. Plus, they are pretty and since ‘bling’ is the order of the day, why not add some to your wine or drinking glass.


I was a bit worried that the variation in colors or styles needed to be a bit more distinct, but I have decided that a good way to know when to say when is when you are unable to tell which charm. I am both creating and helping mankind;)

One of my customers told me that she uses the charms with the suction cups as sun catchers. She sticks them to her window and sunlight shining through the crystals creates some ‘groovy’ patterns. If you happen to purchase or own any of my designs, I would love to hear your stories about unique ways in which you use them.



No comments: