Friday, May 25, 2007

Memorial Day

This holiday was first known as Decoration Day because it was a time set aside to decorate the graves and honor those that died in the Civil War. Although many cities claim to be the birthplace of Memorial Day, President Lyndon Johnson declared Waterloo, NY the official birthplace. Waterloo started celebrating Memorial Day on May 5, 1866. It was a community-wide event during which businesses closed and residents decorated the graves of soldiers with flowers and flags. But it wasn't until 1971 that Congress declared Memorial Day a national holiday to be celebrated the last Monday in May.

Here is my latest design in honor of what I think will be an awesome summer. I am praying for no major hurricanes, enough rain to end the drought we are having in south Florida, and enough sunshine to have lots of outdoor barbeques.

About a week ago, I decided to work on a few designs for some napkin rings. I sat down to start on the design, but instead of napkin rings, I started making tablecloth weights. I am not sure why, they were not on my to-do list, but with me, that is just the way it is – everything I create comes from the heart. See more @ www.almatthewsetc.com.

By the way, Tablecloth Weights clips will hold your tablecloth in place even when the wind kicks up। The only thing you have to do is to simply clip the weights around the bottom of your tablecloth to keep it from blowing in the wind. Or more bling for your table.
Have a spectacular summer!!

No comments: